Your World Of The Best Mobile Technology

Where you find the now and future tech stuffs.

30 June 2016

Your Facebook profile is now exposed as Facebook drops all its "privacy policy"

Quietly, over the last year, Facebook has killed the concept of a private account.

The site has always had a love-hate relationship with privacy: it’s long offered some of the most granular controls of any social network for choosing who sees
what content, letting users make posts visible on a sliding scale from “everyone” to “only me”.
But at the same time, it relies more on network effects than most social networks. The value of Facebook isn’t that celebrities are on it: it’s that everyone you know is on it, and are posting things there too.

So it’s perhaps unsurprising to find that gradually, the highest tier of privacy settings have been removed by Facebook. You can still hide individual posts, but your Facebook account itself is now public, whether you like it or not.
How do I know? Because my own Facebook presence has been fully exposed to the outside world with no warning or control. Someone I don't even know can now search for my Facebook account even with just the first letter of my account.
Also, posts that I made on Facebook can now be found by anyone just by searching for a keyword about the post on Facebook.
So I urge you all to be very careful of what you write on Facebook and also review your own privacy settings on Facebook.
Is there any settings on Facebook you ain't sure what it's for? just ask using the comments box below and I'll put through.

No comments:

Post a Comment